See below for Frequently Asked Questions pertaining to the Pac Rim 2022 Call for Proposals process:
- How long is the abstract? 2,500 characters including spaces (this translates to roughly between 360 words and 630 words).
- What details need to be included in the proposal? Please see Step 2 in Submission Guidelines. (2022 Pac Rim CFP Submission Guidelines).
- How much time will I need to spend on a proposal? Please expect to take 20 minutes if all information is ready (copy & paste) and 45 minutes if manually entering.
- Is there a PDF or Doc of what the proposal is going to look like? No, Step 3: Review Your Submission provides the chance to check the information.
- What are the evaluation criteria? Submissions will be rated on a 5-point scale for each of the five criteria. The abstract should be well-written, including a complete description with background information and an overview of the presentation and description of format. Please visit https://pacrim.coe.hawaii.edu/call-for-proposals-2022/evaluation-rubric/ for more information.
- What happens after I submit? A confirmation will be sent to your email account.
- Can I download my completed submission? No.
- Can I submit more than one proposal? Yes.
- Can I propose a work that is not complete? Unfinished proposals can be saved but not submitted.
- How long does it take for the submission process? Expect to take 20 minutes if all information is ready (copy & paste) and 45 minutes if manually entering the information.
- Is there a Rubric? There is an Evaluation Rubic at https://pacrim.coe.hawaii.edu/call-for-proposals-2022/evaluation-rubric/
- What is the theme of the conference? Mobilize for Action!
- Who is the typical audience? Professionals, teachers, disability advocates, people with disabilities, students, and family members.
- Can the audience interact with the presenter? Yes, there will be Q&A sections to the live presentations and some of the poster sessions who choose to be live.
- What platform is used for the presentation? Cvent is the online conference program, and live presentations will be through the Zoom video conferencing platform.
- Accessibility Guidelines for Presenters: Presenters are encouraged to provide a safe and accessible presentation for all attendees. Contact Conference Coordinator Tom Conway at email@example.com for additional assistance.
- Is there a fee for submitting the proposal? No.
- What if I want to withdraw my proposal? Log in to your account and click “Withdraw” under your Submissions.
How do I submit a poster presentation? What are the specifications? PDF file with links, plus an optional interactive Q&A session during the conference. There will be two opportunities during Day 1 of the conference to showcase posters. PDF posters are to be in an accessible format and must be submitted by February 16, 2022. See examples of past Pac Rim posters: Project TEAMS Poster (PDF); Ka Pilina Poster (PDF); PBUCE Poster (PDF); NSF Poster (PPT); Pacific Alliance Poster (PPT). See template options: Poster Template (PPT); Scientific Poster PowerPoint Templates.