Pac Rim 2022
Call for Volunteers
Volunteer Positions (open to the public to apply)
- Session Discussant (10+ positions). Deliver a short welcome introduction to session attendees, introduce the presenter(s) and their session, facilitate a 10-15 minute question and answer segment at the end of the presentation, and deliver short closing remarks. Work in tangent with Session Communications Facilitator. Volunteer at approximately six (6) sessions throughout the conference in exchange for a complimentary conference registration.
- Session Communications Facilitator (10+ positions). Work together with Session Discussant. Monitor the live session Zoom chat communications and alert Session Discussant if something needs to be addressed. May need to read chat communications out loud to participants. Call for a Technical Support person as needed. Volunteer at approximately six (6) sessions throughout the conference in exchange for a complimentary conference registration.
- Technical Support (5+ positions). Staff the virtual technical help desk, where attendees will drop in for technical assistance with Zoom. May need to visit individual sessions and troubleshoot technical issues that arise. Volunteer for approximately (4 hours) throughout the conference in exchange for a complimentary conference registration.
- Social Media Ambassador (unlimited positions). Create and share Pac Rim posts, stories, and social media content leading up to and during the pre conference and full conference time, with the goal of positively engaging with the public. No waiver of conference fee but will be listed online and recognized with a volunteer letter.
Benefits for all Volunteers:
- Be of service to individuals in the fields of disability studies, law, education, social work, health, and self-advocates!
- Opportunity to network and meet people from around the world!
- Attend conference sessions and learn new skills!
- Be part of a great conference planning team!
- Electronic certificate of appreciation and recognition letter, verifying your volunteer hours!
Apply now at the link to the form below to be considered as a volunteer at Pac Rim 2022. Once approved, you will be assigned a timeframe and position then notified to proceed to register for the conference as a volunteer with a specific code by Feb. 11, 2022. Volunteer training sessions are scheduled for February 17th and 18th.
Due Saturday, February 5, 2022