In Hawaiʻi, “Talk Story” is local slang for sharing of information through conversation. Talk Story sessions are modelled around this, where discussion and participation are key to the experience. Presenters should think of themselves as facilitators of conversation and connecting participants, first providing a brief overview of the topic and closing with a summary of main ideas that came up throughout the session.
- Session length: 45 minutes
- Number of presenters: Maximum of two total contributors/ presenters
- Presentation types: A limited number of accepted sessions will be presented in real time and recorded and available “on demand” by attendees.
We are looking for Talk Story Session proposals that meet the following criteria:
- Includes examples of excellent open ended, thought provoking questions that will be used to spark conversations amongst participants.
- Provides a strong rationale for engaging in discussion around the specific proposed topic.
- The outcomes of this session are clearly written and explained.
- The spelling and grammar are accurate and meet professional conference standards.
- This session seems like an excellent fit for the Pac Rim conference.
- This session has potential to add exceptional value to the selected topic area.
- This session has a strong probability of attracting conference attendees.
Proposals will be scored on these criteria using a likert scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest rating. Decisions for acceptance will be agreed upon by three independent reviewers.