Please view the University of Hawaiʻi Coronavirus Update resource.
The page will be updated with any new warnings, advisories and guidance from UH, Hawaii Department of Health, U.S. State Department and the Centers for Disease Control.
There have been no reported cases in Hawaiʻi. (As of 02.24.2020; 9:45 HST)
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.